UK Expansion Worker Visa

Under the Global Business Mobility routes, the Home Office has introduced a UK Expansion Worker visa. This route can only be used when the business has not yet begun trading in the UK. The main applicant can be accompanied by a partner and children (under 18 years of age) on this visa. An applicant can get eligible for settlement in the UK, after switching to a Skilled Worker Visa from an Expansion Worker Visa. However, you are required to spend a minimum of one year in the UK on an Expansion Worker Visa.

The eligibility criteria to apply for a UK Expansion Worker visa, you must:

  • Have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from the UK employer
  • Have worked for their employer outside the UK
  • Do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
  • Be paid the minimum eligible salary required for the job role (you must be paid at least £42,400 per year or the ‘going rate’ for that particular job role – whichever is higher)

Please note: A UK Expansion Worker visa applicant does not need to satisfy the English language requirement.